Wednesday, August 4, 2010

capsizing


the better half misses you without you being gone.
knowing in a short while i am having you cut from my life like a cheap fabric pattern.
imagining waking each and everyday without those eyes floating about until they catch mine unsettles each and every nerve.
i miss what is yet to be taken from me.
even the notion turns my stomach.
rising tides of bile churn away putting that rotten sickness in the pit of my gut.
then you pass by again and the waves subside, only for a moment until you are gone from my sight and the ocean breeze swells and i feel that slight sting building like a hurricane.
i have no shelter and this boat was never meant for sea worthy travels.
i can hear the waves crashing on the shores and the tide will never break.
stranded and capsizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment